Premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction. Treatment options?

Sexologist
Question
I am having the problem of pre-mature ejaculation and also my erections are not hard enough to have intercourse.

Could you please help.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 9 hours later

Thanks for the query

Premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction are the most common causes of sexual dysfunction in men.

Premature ejaculation can be managed by
1. Techniques
2. Medicine

1. Technique:

a. stop-start technique: You should stop just before you feel for ejaculation and wait for some time diverting your mind. Then restart again.

b. squeeze method: Your partner can squeeze just below the glans penis just before that you feel for ejaculation so that your erection goes. Then restart with foreplay and again continue intercourse.

2. Medicine: New medicine available for Premature ejaculation is Dapoxetine 30mg / 60mg, (Two hours before intercourse) which can be prescribed by your doctor.

Erectile Dysfunction: You need to rule out

1. Diabetes Mellitus
2. Neurological Problems
3. Hypertension
4. Vascular Problems by doing Doppler
5. Hormone Deficiencies

Then
1. Stop Smoking if you are a smoker
2. Stop consuming alcohol in large amount if you consume alcohol

Medicines: Tadalafil 10mg/20mg to be taken 2 -3 hours before intercourse which can be prescribed by your doctor.
Control of Diabetes Mellitus.
Manage the hormone irregularities.

For both conditions, Sex Therapy would be beneficial.

Hope I have cleared your query in detail. I am still available for more clarifications. Feel free to write to me

regards

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY
Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine

Follow-up: Premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction. Treatment options? 19 hours later
Which is a good doctor in mumbai?
and do I always have to take these medicines?
what is Sex Therapy?

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 11 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction are most commonly due to performance anxiety.

Sex therapy is a method of counseling which helps the couple to get rid of their performance anxiety and their ignorance in Sex and relationship.

These medicines are for boosting your confidence. These are "On Demand" medicines. I shall not advocate for a long term use.

You can search in the WWW.WWWW.WW to find out good Sexual Medicine Consultant in mumbai.

regards

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY
Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine.