Premature ejaculation, difficulty in penetration. Advice?

Doctor, I have been married for 5.5 years and still not been able to consummate my marriage. My problem is that I havent been able to insert into my wife vagina. Also, while trying, I have pre-mature ejaculation.

We havent tried having sex frequently probably because of the fear of being unsuccessful. It is further complicated by my travel which is part of my profession. My wife is around 33 and I am around 32.

The marriage is currently breaking up and I seriously am not able to provide a long term solution to my wife. Please advise.
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 9 hours later

Your main problem is premature ejaculation(PE). As after PE it is difficult to maintain erection for intercourse.

Premature ejaculation (PE) is common problem and depends on multiple factors like:
*Psychological factors: most common. The psychological factors may include stress, performance anxiety and depression

*Medical causes: Reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes.

Following steps will be helpful for PE:

- Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse.

- Do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Conversation with partner during sex also delay ejaculation.

- Stop-start or squeeze-pause technique- In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw your penis from your partner and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

- If the symptoms persist then condoms with desensitizing creams (marketed as LONG LAST or Kohinoor extra time) and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like dapoxetine 30mg will be helpful, which you can get after prescription from physician. Apart from that you also need in person counseling for marital issues.

I can understand pain and disturbance in your marital life. So, it is better to act ASAP on following advice. As you are in Gurgaon, you can visit me in need, after taking address from my XXXXXXX profile.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.