Pregnant,hypothyroidism,PCO syndrome,medication for abortion

I am 37 years old house-wife.Recently I have been tested positive for pregnancy.It is very early stage(not even one month) and I would like to get rid of it without abortion.
Is there any way that I can get this done with medication?
My height is 5ft 3 inches and weight is 82 kg.
I am also having issues in Hypo-thyroid & PCO syndrome.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 28 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for posting your query

Abortion at an early stage can be done by use of medications but these are available by prescription only and should be done under medical supervision as sometimes chances of excess bleeding,fever or incomplete abortion are present .

A follow up after 2 weeks is also required to rule out complete abortion has been done or not.

Consider visiting a Gynaecologist for examination so that she can prescribe you the medications and also you are under her observation after taking them.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query in case of any doubt.
Follow-up: Pregnant,hypothyroidism,PCO syndrome,medication for abortion 32 minutes later
Dear Dr Mitaly,
Thank you so much for your response.
Is it possible for you to prescribe some medication so that I can take the same and after that consult the gynaecologist for check-up & follow-up?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 10 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up query.

Today’s research indicates that a move towards individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted. Your doctor will know about these drugs.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination.

I am sorry about this.

These days MTP kits are available but they are distributed by the drug store after advised by a Gynaecologist.

I would suggest you to XXXXXXX your gynaecologist before taking the medications.

Wishing you Good Health!

Follow-up: Pregnant,hypothyroidism,PCO syndrome,medication for abortion 2 hours later
Dear Dr Mitaly,
Thanks for your input.
Pls suggest that if I go for abortion then would it be wise to do it now & how long would it take for me to recover?
Also what could be the post-effect of the abortion(if any)?
As advised by you,I will surely visit a gynaecologist and take the advice and do the needful.
Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Abortion before 9 weeks of pregnancy is successfully done by use of medications in about 95% of cases. The earlier the better as complication chances keep on increasing.

Usually for initial 3 days heavier bleeding is there and may be accompanied by abdominal pain, nausea, vomitting etc. The light bleeding might also be prolonged for a week or so but most of the women are fine after 2 to 3 days.

It is very rare when the products of conception are not expelled by means of medication and then Dilation and Curettage is performed by a Gynaecologist. That is why a repeat scan is recommended after 15 days.

Usually initial few cycles after the abortion can be irregular so consider using protection while having intercourse. If a women wishes for a pregnancy she can plan after 3 to 4 months.

I sincerely hope this helps.

Wishing you a good health.