Pregnant with ultrasound showing uterus thickening normal. HCG levels high. No bleeding or cramping. Miscarriage?

I am about 4 weeks pregnant (I think), my first ultrasound showed my uterous thickening like "normal" then I had a blood test and my hcg levels were at 237 on a wednesday morning and then they were only 260 two days later on friday morning, my doctor says it may be a miscarriage but I am not bleeding or cramping and I still feel very much pregnant, could this baby still be ok?
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

HCG levels usually double within 72 hrs but one should not rely only on HCG levels

A repeated transvaginal scan after 15 days along with HCG levels can confirm the missed abortion

There may not be any cramping or bleeding in case of missed abortion

You are having previous history of 3 miscarriages , this is called habitual abortion

I hope you have undergone all the investigations to find out the cause like TORCH , APA , Blood sugar F , Thyroid profile etc

Meanwhile just relax and take folic acid supplements

Best wishes