Pregnant with throat infection. Took sporidex-AF 750 and sinarest,. Safe to take?

Mar 2013
Hi. I am 8 weeks pregnant. I have been down with 101.3 fever for the past 2 days along with a severe throat infection and stuffy nose. I visited my gynaec and she has prescribed sporidex-AF 750 and sinarest, both 2 times a day. Just wanted to confirm if these tablets are safe during pregnancy. Your advice would be appreciated.
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 26 hours later
Thank you for your query.

Both Sporidex AF 750 and Sinarest are safe in pregnancy provided they are given for the correct indication.
Untreated fever itself can lead to increased risks of miscarriage, mental or physical defects in the baby, so taking treatment is justified.

Here is a link for Sporidex, or cephalexin, which is the active component -

Hope that should help.
Sinarest also has no known side effects on the fetus.

However, try and avoid infections in pregnancy.
You need to boost your immunity by a nutritious, high protein diet and moderate exercises,
Take regular folic acid supplements.
Also, take vitamin C tablets to help fight the infection better.

Enjoy your pregnancy and do not worry !

Hope this helped.
Feel free to discuss further.