Pregnant with low lying placenta. Facing lower abdominal pain and uterine contraction. Treatment?

May 2013
I am 4 months (19 weeks to be precise) pregnant and I have been diagnosed with low lying placenta. I am also facing lower abdominal pain and uterine contractions. Could you please tell me if there is any treatment/exercise that can help me improve the situation?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 26 hours later

You should not do any exercises because of having low lying placenta. As that can lead to bleeding.
The measures you have to take are:
-Sufficient rest, decreasing the strenuous activities.
-Avoiding intercourse.
-Avoiding journeys.
-If the pain persist you have to consult gynecologist once, get examined, rule out constipation etc.
-If she suggests you can go for progesterone supplementation and tocolytics to decrease the pain and contractions.
-Regular followup scans are needed to track the migration of placenta.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.