Pregnant with endometrial tuberculosis. Stomach pain and leg cramps. Taking AKT3. Is the medication safe during pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
ihi i m XXXXXXX i got married in 2007 found infertility. then doctoter suggested for leproscopy. my leproscopy and hysterroscopy done in may 2011. curettage done sent for tb pcr + hpe.Found endometrial tissue detected and histopathology--gross examination - specimen received in formalsaline consists of multiple greyish brown pieces of tissue.found tb positive .docter suggested the drugs for 3 months 4FDC. next 3 months AKT3 is taking.My MC date was on 19 dec. but it did not found after even 4 days then i done on 23 HCG pregnancy test and found positive result. i foun cramping lower part of stomatch and my left leg is paining is it a normal docter said to take AKT3 for next 3 months . is it safe to take AKT3 during pragnancy. is there any side effect of these my local gynic suggested folic acid and weekly ingection--OVUTRIG HP and dubagest.please suggest me
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 1 hour later

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for pregnancy.

AKT 3 - Has Ethambutol, Rifampicin and Isoniazid. The drugs that can be safely used in pregnancy as per the recommended schedule for Tuberculosis treatment.

You also have concern about the use of Dubagest (micronised progesterone and Ovutrig HP hCG). Micronised Progesterone is safely used as a support in pregnancy.

However, the practice of using hCG - in pregnancy is controversial.

Folic acid is an absolute essential medication which helps in the development of brain and the nervous system in the fetus.

Your consultant will provide the best support and medication in pregnancy which will be safe for you and the growing fetus.

Hope to have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Follow-up: Pregnant with endometrial tuberculosis. Stomach pain and leg cramps. Taking AKT3. Is the medication safe during pregnancy? 11 hours later
Mam why cramping like period time and sometime pain in left leg .i relex than ok plz mam why this

The cramping pain in the left leg - may be related to strain. As you mentioned it is relieved on rest - You should now take it easy and relax.

If unbearable then you can see your consultant for some help. However the safest is Paracetamol.

Dr Nandita Thakkar