Pregnant with contractions and painful hips. Have SPD and been dilated. Going into labor?

Hi, I'm 30 years old and 37 weeks pregnant and I'm suffering from SPD and have been dilated 3cms for 3 weeks and lost my show then too.
Over the past few days I've experienced contractions, pains in my hips, thighs and I've have extreme swelling in my legs, feet and fingers, which never seem to go down even with resting with my feet up. My blood pressure is checked regularly and is fine. I've had my urine tested too and that is also fine.
I'm having trouble walking today due to severe pain in my pelvis, I'm having contractions and I'm losing alot of white jelly mucus and a few times I have felt like a popping sensation when I go to the toilet but I don't think it's my waters.
I feel my hormones have changed too in the last few days. Do you think I could be going into labour very soon?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Your symptoms of passing white jelly mucus with intermittent uterine contractions are suggestive of impending labor in next 2-3 days.
The swelling in your hands and feet are a common problem in the last trimester of pregnancy and with a normal blood pressure reading, are not worrisome.
A physical examination by a gynecologist will help in exact assessment regarding the descent of the baby and intensity of contractions. Be careful to rest in left lateral position and try to keep a watch of your fetal movements.
In case the intensity of pain and vaginal discharge increases or the fetal movements decrease, you need to rush to your labor room.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Pregnant with contractions and painful hips. Have SPD and been dilated. Going into labor? 52 minutes later
I've also been very tired today and have more pressure on my bladder too which means more trips to the toilet. I feel different too, achey and emotional. Are these other signs that labour is around the corner?
Thanks for answering my questions.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Increased pressure on the bladder and body aches are commonly seen prior to onset of labor. Be prepared and relax.
Hope my answer is helpful.