Pregnant with IUI, passed blood clot and had bleeding. Suggested Duphaston, had scan. Advise?

Dear Dr. My wife is 10week 3 day pregnant as per the Ultrasound yesterday. 2 days back she passed a blood clot and had mild bleeding at night. Dr. Suggested duphaston and sylate T to control it. Also a scan was ordered. The report is attached for your refrrence. It said SCH with 7.4 mm width. My wife is put on 1 week bed rest and asked to do a follow up scan post 10 days. There has been no bleeding since yesterday morning. I am really worried for my baby. We did a IUI for this baby. Pls suggest.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
The scan says that your wife has a subchorionic hematoma. It means that there was a small separation of the sac from the uttering wall . It is however small and can be resolved spontaneously with adequate rest . The line of treatment she is getting is ok. Continue with that but absolute rest is important . Do the follow up scan as advised . These problems are often seen in early pregnancy and most of the time can be managed . But take this as a warning because if the SCH increases then it may be difficult to stop bleeding. So strict bed rest , healthy diet , medicines and no sexual intercorse or heavy lifting /bending .
Follow-up: Pregnant with IUI, passed blood clot and had bleeding. Suggested Duphaston, had scan. Advise? 22 hours later

Thanks for your help and advice. A small query on what bedrest means. Can she lean back and sit on bed or take a small walk inside the room when feeling back pain due to excessive lying down.

Any info on the type of bedrest she requires would be helpful.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
She can walk but inside te room. Mostly stay in bed . Sitting and lying are both fine . Don't do anything more stressful than go to the bathroom . Basically she needs to stay off her feet as much as possible . No bending or lifting objects .