Pregnant, weight gain. Pregnancy and delivery guidance?

Hello Doctor, I am 7 months pregnant and have gained 10 Kgs. I am worried about delivery. Can you please guide me to attain Normal deliveryand pregnancy care for the next three months. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 26 hours later

An ideal weight gain is about 8-12 kgs through out pregnancy.
I am unaware of what all tests you have done.
We generally do the following in pregnancy.
ultrasounds at 7,12,19, and 37 wks.
CBC, FBS, HIV,VDRL,HBsAg,HCV,TSH,Rubella IgGand M,Hb electrophoresis,urine routine and culture at 7 wks, Triple test at 16 wks,GCT at 20 wks.
I check Hb, RBS and urine routine every 1-2 months as required.
If your pregnancy has been normal so far exercise regularly. Depending on your routine you may walk,do kegels exercise,butterfly. remain physically active.
Eat well, sleep well, keep a positive frame of mind.
Learn breathing technique for labor. Accupressure during labor helps some.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

best wishes