Pregnant, wants to terminate, not possible with pills, had c-section. Advise about Methotrexate injection with its risks & good clinics?

I have had a c-section one year ago and am a mother of a daughter. Just found out that I am late and pregnant. My first day of last period was 21st Dec 2011 Am considering to terminate the pregnancy and when looked for appointments at clinics, most said an abortion by pill is not possible (because of c-section history) but Methotrexate injection would work as I am only 5.5 weeks in. Am not sure about the risks and use of this injection. Would you advise the injection and advise on potential clinics to get it.
What are the risks of this injection? Or should I go for aspiration ?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 44 minutes later

Methotraxate is a highly teratogenic drug.Its used in association with misoprostol for medical abortion. It can be taken orally or as injection.

You are approx 6 weeks, with history of c section. Ideally i wouldnt recommend methotrexate for this purpose. I would advise a suction evacuation. Methotrexate as a drug as many side effects like low white cell count, stomatitis, liver dysfunction etc. All these parameters need to be monitored when methotrexate is used.

In your case, i would advise a suction evacuation and a long term method of contraception like an IUD/OC Pills.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further concerns.

wishing you good health.