Pregnant, wants abortion. Took mifegest, mifepriston, no bleeding occurred. Did I have a successful abortion?

hi I have been confirmed with about 20 days pregnancy, I took Mifegest with 200mg mifepriston alone yesterday at 5 pm in evening and I was told that bleeding will start after 10- 14 hours but it is still not started, I was advised to take misopristol after 48 hours. So Please suggest why this happened? will bleeding occur or not or it will occur after taking misopristol?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 17 minutes later

Bleeding can be expected after taking Misoprostol immediately or even after few hours but if it does not start even after 5 hours then it is a concern. Kindly follow the instructions as mentioned. Misoprostol is to be taken within 48 hours after taking Mifepristone.

After taking the tablets abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, fever, diarrhea can be expected. If the fever is persistent and more than 100 degree, uncontrolled vomiting and you feel dizzy, faintness then you need to rush to Emergency room.

Also after taking these drugs a thorough evaluation and Ultrasound scan is recommended after a week to check for complete evacuation of products of conception.

Both the drugs are to be taken under medical supervision as it can cause serious effects as nausea, vomiting, fever, pain and sometimes incomplete abortion can also occur causing the remnants to remain.

I hope you are taking them under medical supervision.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.