Pregnant, used mtprost kit. Should I take next dose? How safe is it?

Hi doctor,
Im about 7-8 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend's cousin brought me an abortion kit called mtprost kit. It says its from uk but more popular in india i think. I took the first pill abt 24 hrs ago & now im so worried if i should take the next dose. Im very scared becos there has been no good feedback abt this kit on the internet. Do you know anything about this kit and how safe it is? We dont have much money right now but if i must i will do a surgery done by a professional. Im really scared if i might get side effects in the future. Please reply me asap. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 45 minutes later
MT pills are most effective up to 42 days of pregnancy, after that up to 63 days these can be taken; but chances of incomplete abortion are increased means you would have to be hospitalize for compete evacuation of your womb.
MT pills can cause nausea, vomiting & diarrhea, but are not having any future side effects.
So you can continue it under guidance of your doctor & get an ultrasound scan done after 6-7 days of taking pills to detect whether your womb is completely empty or not.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, then please close the discussion by rating it.
Dr.Monika choudhary