Pregnant through IVF transfer. Positive pregnancy tests, blood test shows low hcg. Cause of concern?

I am currently 10 days pregnant (I had IVF transfer on 12-13-11).
4 home pregnancy tests were positive, but my blood test today showed my hcg level was 48...the nurse said that I was pregnant by that the hcg number was low.
What level is normal for 10 days?
I'm really worried :(
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) levels rise rapidly after conception and double every 2-3 days. There is wide variation on the normal range of hCG.

The normal levels of hCG, 3 weeks after your LMP (last menstrual period) is 5-50 mIU/ml. Levels peak at about 12 weeks of pregnancy and reach about 300,000 mIU/ml and then peak off. So as such there is nothing to worry about.

Your gynaecologist will monitor your pregnancy by hCG levels and ultrasound scans.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.