Pregnant through IVF. Transfer 2 embryo in blactocyst. First beta 103.1 and second one was 350.1. Good number?

Infertility Specialist
Question
My name is XXXXXXX and this is my ivf # 6 and thanks god i am pregnant
My Egg collection was on 24th of july 2013 and transfer 2 embryo in blactocyst on 29th of july 2013
I did my first beta on 7th of august and it was 103.1
And my second one was on 10th of august and it was 350.1

Is this a good number or not ? Could be a twin ?
And how many weeks i am pregnant ?
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to XXXXXXX
First, congrats for your hard earned pregnancy. Your beta HCG levels are rising satisfactorily & indicate pregnancy. I hope you have not taken inj HCG in last 4-5 days.
Regarding weeks of pregnancy, you have to add two weeks to your pickup date to know exact weeks. That means you are now around 4 weeks 6 days pregnant.
I think this is not the right time to say whether its a twin pregnancy or not. Please wait till the first scan at 7 wks.
Congratulations again.
Let me know if you have other concerns.
Regards.

Follow-up: Pregnant through IVF. Transfer 2 embryo in blactocyst. First beta 103.1 and second one was 350.1. Good number? 3 hours later
Hi again
I would like to know do i have to repeat the beta every 3 days to confirm my pregnancy
Because my appointment will be on 29/8/2013

Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
As the rise in beta HCG is satisfactory, you don't need to repeat the tests. Just continue the medicines prescribed by your doctor (progesterone support) till your next visit.
Let me know if you have other concerns.

Follow-up: Pregnant through IVF. Transfer 2 embryo in blactocyst. First beta 103.1 and second one was 350.1. Good number? 17 minutes later
I did today my third beta and it was 1294
Is it good

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 7 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back
Your 3rd beta HCG value is good & indicates satisfactory rise.
I can understand your apprehensions but as I told earlier there is no need to go on repeating It.
Regards.

Follow-up: Pregnant through IVF. Transfer 2 embryo in blactocyst. First beta 103.1 and second one was 350.1. Good number? 3 days later
Hi doc
So far this is my full result and i would like to is there any chance of getting pregnant with twins and is there any relation between a high hcg level and progestron with twin pregnancy

(1). 13-7-2013 first day of my period

(2). 24-7-3013 egg collocations

(3). 29-7-2013 egg transfer blastocyst (5 days)

(4). 7-8-2013 first beta Hcg (9dp5dt) = 14dpo = 103.1

(5). 10-8-2013 second beta Hcg (12dp5dt) = 17dpo = 350.1

(6). 13-8-2013 third beta Hcg (15dp5dt) = 20dpo = 1294

(7). 16-8-2013 fourth beta Hcg (18dp5dt) = 23dpo = 4174.7

Let me know your opinion about my hcg level and my appointment will be on 29th of august

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Twins can't be predicted by beta HCG.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Twin pregnancy can't be predicted by beta HCG alone. Your first beta HCG value was perfectly compatible with single pregnancy. Although values are rising rapidly, still twin pregnancy can't be predicted by beta HCG values/rise in value alone. Please be patient & wait till your next appointment date. Things will be crystal clear by that day.
Regards.

Follow-up: Pregnant through IVF. Transfer 2 embryo in blactocyst. First beta 103.1 and second one was 350.1. Good number? 5 days later
Hi doctor

I am so worried because my hcg at 21dp5dt = 0000 and my today hcg level ar 24dp5dt = 0000 from one lab and 0000 from another lab same day and time

Please advice i don't have any bleeding or back pain
Just the regular cramps

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Both values are OK.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I can understand your concerns. But its of no use to go on repeating beta HCG, as it will only increase anxiety & stress. Regarding difference in values, there can be lab to lab variation due to different procedures used for estimation of beta HCG, or it could be lab error. Still both values are fine.
Regarding cramps, those can be either intestinal (most commonly due to constipation) or uterine cramps.
If you are having constipation, you can increase fibre intake, drink plenty of fluids & if it doesn't help, take mild laxative in consultation with your physician.
Regarding second reason: uterine cramps, normally we treat such patients with giving injections of natural micronised progesterone to reduce uterine irritability. You can consult your physician for the same if constipation is not the reason for cramps.
Again I repeat, don't go on repeating beta HCG, you can safely wait till your next due visit.
Let me know if you have other concerns.
Regards.

Follow-up: Pregnant through IVF. Transfer 2 embryo in blactocyst. First beta 103.1 and second one was 350.1. Good number? 28 minutes later
The value ok even if it is not doubled ?
It only raised
Just to confirm to confirm your saying

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is still OK

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Beta HCG values will double in initial weeks, its pace of rise will be slower afterwords. If you are very much concerned, and if you can get one transvaginal scan done, you can do it now, as at this beta HCG level pregnancy will definitely be visible on scan & it will relieve your stress.
If you can't get the scan done, still there is no reason to worry & you can safely wait till your next due visit.

Let me know if you have other concerns.
Regards.