Pregnant test was positive. Scan report showing sac size is less. Prescribed with susten. Should I be worried about the readings?

Question
Hi, My LMp was on 3rd of Sept. I missed my periods on 3rd oct, after a week, I did a pregnancy test which showed positive. I went for my 1st scan on 28th oct, now the scan reports shows only 10.33 mm MSD which corresponds to less than 5 weeks.. Also the CRL is 7.79mm corresponds to 6 W 5D . Fetal heart rate is detected and its 162 bpm. Now my worry is that the sac size seems to be less in size at this point. My question here is will the sac size grow/ increase as days pass by? My doc has prescribed susten 200 twice a day..along with folic acid, so plz let me know will everything go on fine? Or is there any serious issue on the readings?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dont worry yet Detailed Answer: Hello, The dates of the lmp suggests that the gestational age of the fetus should be about 6-7 weeks. By the time the 1st scan was done, I believe that is accurate. Yes, the size is the sac is slightly less, by as long as you have a heart beat, the pregnancy is viable and size of the sac can increase. Continue the susten as advised. Do a follow up scan after 2-3 weeks. Don't worry yet. Hope for the best. Regards

Follow-up: Pregnant test was positive. Scan report showing sac size is less. Prescribed with susten. Should I be worried about the readings? 27 minutes later
Thank you such! I have my next scan on 30th of nov..

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Happy to help Detailed Answer: That is good. I hope your next scan is better . Happy yo help.

Follow-up: Pregnant test was positive. Scan report showing sac size is less. Prescribed with susten. Should I be worried about the readings? 11 hours later
Hi, I have a follow up question, I have a 4 yr old daughter and she is absolutely fine. Last year 2023, I was pregnant and during my anomaly scan, we came to know that there was a major cardiac anomaly , doctors confirmed that one of the chamber within the heart was missing and so we had to terminate the pregnancy at the start of 6 th month. Now again I am pregnant after a year gap. Me and my husband are no way related( we are not relatives), my worry is, since this happened last time, is there a possibility of the same thing happening again? I am really scared about this:-(. Please give me your thoughts on this... It was 2013,,,

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is a small chance of recurrance Detailed Answer: Well , normally fetal anomalies occur due to chromosome related anomalies or eexposure . Since you say that you and your husband aren't related then consaguinity isn't a cause . But yes some other chromosomal defect or exposure to any teratogens during the pregnancy may have been the cause . This isn't something you can predict . Hence the need for the anomaly scan . There is no reason this will happen again either . You have already had a healthy pregnancy . Just follow the advice of your doctor and hope for the best . If there is no incriminating history you can definitely hope for a healthy pregnancy . Hope your follow up scan is better . Good luck