Pregnant, suffering from migraines. Taking tylenol medication, no relief. Medications to be taken?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi I suffer from migraines. I am now 8 weaks pregnant and I am suffering right now. Tylonol is doing nothing for me. Is there any other medications or something I can do to get rid of it. I know I will have to talk to my doctor. I will still want to know if a doctor can give you something else that won't harm the baby.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
If your headache is not getting relieved by tylenol then i am afraid that this needs stronger prescription medicines for which you will have to consult your Gynecologist. Meanwhile you can do minor changes in your lifestyle to help yourself.
• I would advise you to take it easy as this is very common amongst pregnant women.
• Please get your blood pressure checked to make sure it’s in the normal range.
• Then, I would like you to de-stress in your daily routine and relax yourself.
• Go for a good mild walk in the morning.
• Do not skip meals/ eat in periodic intervals.
• Do not see TV / Movies with undue violence/disturbing scenes.
• Avoid arguments/anger.
• Relax by trying something like yoga/exercise/meditation.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.