Pregnant, partner seems to have infection. Urine test reports enclosed. Do i have infection?

Infertility Specialist
im a female 29 years old pregnant and my husband thinks he has an infection so i ask my doctor to send me to a lab to get check and this is what i got from the lab. epithelial cells HPF(FEW), Bacteria HPF occasional and crystals (few amorphous) so i want to know if I have and infection
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I saw the urine analysis reports. Among this bacteria shows the presence of infection. It says occasional beacteria means there is some amount of infection (occasional bacteria) but small or it must be resolving.

Some people have symptoms of UTI) like burning while passing urine, urgency in passing urine or pain in lower part of abdomen. If you have an of these symptoms you might need a course of antibiotics.

Therefore I suggest you request for urine culture and sensitivity. If there are any significant number of bacteria they will grow in culture and the antibiotic sensitivity can be checked. You can take appropriate antibiotic based on sensitivity report to treat your infection.

I hope I answered your query. I will be happy to answer any more concerns you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol