Pregnant, not having fetal movements, have lower back pain. Suggest sleeping patterns?

Hi doctor,

I'm in the start of the 8th month of pregnancy. During the 7th month I would experience fetal movements daily but for past 2-3 days I donot feel any. Could there be any problem?
Also Please advise on my sleep position. I try sleeping sidewards either to right or left and keep frequently shifting positions (right or left) during my sleep as i experience lower back pain while sleeping sidewards. Sometimes I would sleep straight with my back facing bed for short while to feel comfortable. Also I experience the same lower back pain when walking for more than 15 min.

Kindly advice on the above ( no fetal movements, sleep position and lower back pain)
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 57 minutes later

Thanks for a well-written query. I understand your concern. It must be difficult for you. Nothing to worry. You should be fine soon.

Here are your answers:

No fetal movements - Please go to your doctor at the earliest. This is not a good sign. You must feel at least some of the fetal movements in a day. At least 10.

Sleep position - Your sleep position is fine. Try to sleep more on your left side so that there is no much pressure on the inferior vena cava on the right side.

Lower back pain - This is expected in pregnancy. Rest and plenty of fluids is the answer to it. Rest as much as you can since you are nearing term now.

Wish you good luck and happy pregnancy.

Take care!