Pregnant, not gaining weight.Taking folic acid, calcium tablet & Iron. What could be done?

Am expecting and completed 18 months but my weight is not gaining after having fruits, proteins .

Currently taking folic acid, calcium tablet & Iron
Apart from that am also taking protinex in milk

But not much affect on my weight increase

Please guide will this affect on my baby and what are the ways to overcome this
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 19 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic.
This is good to know that you have completed 18 weeks of pregnancy & are very conscious about your diet & baby's health.
Let me assure you that you are taking all the good supplements that are currently recommended & are likely to have a healthy outcome.
Weight gain during pregnancy is not a constant figure that you must achieve. It depends more on your pre-pregnancy weight & varies from woman to woman.
If your BMI ( Body Mass Index) is within normal limits you have nothing to worry about.
If it is on the higher side you must control your diet.
If it is on the lower side than only you should be worried about gaining weight.
One important thing you must remember is that most weight gain occur in the last three months of pregnancy & all you have to do is to eat a normal healthy natural diet containing fruits & vegetables in addition to starch, fat & proteins.
If you have difficulty you may consult a dietitian in person to get a personalized diet chart depending upon your specific needs.
Wish you best of luck.