Pregnant, high blood sugar levels. Family history of diabetes. Can I use acupuncture to control diabetes?

PregnantI am 6 months into my pregnancy but my blood suger stays high and it also runs in my family. Is it safe to use acupuncture to control my blood suger.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 59 minutes later

For control of diabetes during pregnancy, consult your Obstetrician and Diabetologist (endocrinologist).

There is no evidence based research on effectiveness of acupuncture in management of Diabetes during pregnancy. No data regarding safety is available.

More ever, as I practice allopathy, I can not give you specific suggestions on acupuncture therapy.

I am sorry, as I am not able to help you provide the guidance on this. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.