Pregnant, heart palpitation, normal pulse, feeling off balance, blocked head, normal blood work. Cause?

ive just found out i am 5 and a half weeks pregnant and im suddenly getting heart palpitations but my pulse seems to be normal I am also feeling off balance and my ears and head get a blocked/full feeling feeling.

I have had blood work done, all is fine and i also had my blood pressure checked standing and sitting and its perfect.

What else can cause this?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Mild palpitations with a normal heart rate and blood pressure is a normal finding in pregnancy. This happens due to mild hemodilution and an increased blood volume to compensate for fetal circulation during pregnancy. This is likely to subside on adequate rest and relaxation.
In case the palpitations are persistent then thyroid profile evaluation and cardiac investigations like ECG and ECHO are recommended to detect any pathology.
Feeling off balance and fullness of ears could be due to impacted wax in the ear canal or an infection. An examination by an ENT specialist will help in confirmation of diagnosis. The treatment will then depend on the cause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.