Pregnant, having stiff nose, cold and cough. Is it safe to take citrizine or paracetamol?

Hi Doctor
My wife is 4 months pregnant and she is suffering from stiff nose, cold and cough for last 2 days. Is it safe to take medicines like citrizine or paracetamol.? Currently she is just doing some home remedies like gargling hot salt watet and steaming. ...
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 37 minutes later
Paracetamol and cetrizine can be taken by dont take them long term. Meanwhile, keep up the saline gargles, steam inhalation with menthol. I suggest that she keeps the home treatments on for 3-4 days at least and if no improvement,then take other medicines. Home remedies should be done at least 3-4 times a day.