Pregnant, having rashes throughout body. Advised Cetrine, Sporidex and Linical lotion. Is it chicken pox?

Iam in 23rd week of pregnancy and having rashes throughout the body since 2 days and it has increased more today. We consulted a gynaec and they have recommended Cetrine, Sporidex and Becelac Fortz along with Linical lotion. Please let me know whether it is safe to take these medicines during pregnancy.

Also gynaec was indicating possibility of Chicken Pox to be the cause for this (i havenot had it before). Kindly let me know whether it would impact my baby. We are concerned as it is my 23rd week of pregnancy.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
These medicines are ok to apply in your pregnancy.You can take cetrine and apply the lotion. But these will not help if you have chicken pox. The rashes of chicken pox are very distinct for diagnosis. The blisters will form within a few days and burst and at this point its extremely contagious. Active infection of chicken pox can harm the baby and will need an immunoglobulin. Before taking these medicines i suggest that you consult a dermatologist and confirm whether its chicken pox or not. If not use the lotion and cetrine that your doctor gave you.
Follow-up: Pregnant, having rashes throughout body. Advised Cetrine, Sporidex and Linical lotion. Is it chicken pox? 19 hours later
Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I had gone for followup today as rashes have increased and Doctor confirmed it to be chicken pox.

Doctor has given below prescription:
1. Aciclovir tab IP 400mg "Zovirax" - Every 6hrs (4 tabs per day for 1 week)
2. Aciclovir Zoster skin screen 5gm (Aciclovir composition 5%) - twice a day for external use

Since i am pregnant (in 23rd week), i am little concerned about medication. Hence wanted to have second opinion if these medication are fine during pregnancy and would not impact the baby. Can you please confirm

Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
the medication given to you this time are antiviral.This is necessary to clear the infection. These medication can be safely taken during pregnancy. You can use both.