Pregnant, having pain in abdomen. What could be the reason for the pain?

I am a Pregnant woman. Currently i am in 7th month. I am having pain near my right abdomen since last night. I am worried what could be the reason for the pain?
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wait and watch for couple of days.

Detailed Answer:

Random abdominal pain are very common during pregnancy. I would not be worried if you are normal and do not have any more pains now.

If the pain is persists, this may be due to intestinal cramps, urinary infections or may be gall bladder related (if the pain is above the umbilicus). You will need to observe for a few days. Severe and unbearable pain with bleeding are ominous signs and should be reported immediately.

Let me know if you have any other associated complaints such as vomiting, loose stools, burning sensation while passing urine, abnormal / foul smelling vaginal discharge plus the exact location of pain (above or lower down). I will be able to comment further accordingly.

Follow-up: Pregnant, having pain in abdomen. What could be the reason for the pain? 1 hour later
Thank you for the detailed answer XXXXXXX I have foul smelling vaginal discharge since my pregnancy started and my doctor said it is quit common to have. I have pain at lower down(right side of the abdomen). I do not have any consistent pain. It is increasing and decreasing. currently the pain is little less.....
Answered by Dr. Prasad 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
I am not concerned.

Detailed Answer:
Mild lower abdominal crampy pain is normal in this case. You need not be concerned. However if it becomes severe and if you develop pervaginal bleeding/profuse watery discharge report back to your gynecologist immediately.

I hope you are able to feel at least 10 fetal movements (baby kicks) in a day.

Let me know if you need clarifications.