Pregnant having headache, hot flashes, chills, lower back pain, abdominal pain and nausea. Have bleeding. Advise?

My girlfriend is 24 & experiencing a headache, hot flashes, chills, lower back pain, abdominal pain, nausea & she's about 7 weeks pregnant. She also sometimes has blood coming out of her vagina randomly when she goes to use the toilet. This began yesterday but the headaches, hot flashes, etc. began a week ago. What could this be? Please help I'm worried.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 47 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

After analyzing her symptoms I feel it could be gastroenteritis i.e. infection of GIT.

And about bleeding per vagina needs to be evaluated, as she could be having THREATENED ABORTION. Kindly consult your OBGYN specialist, she might need a urgent ultrasound to look for fetal status and progesterone injection, dose will be decided by your doctor. Till she sees a gynecologist, she needs to take complete bed rest.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups.

If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile