Pregnant, having gurgling sensation at the top of uterus. Is there any reason to worry?

I am 33 weeks pregnant and I am feeling a bubbling / gurgling sensation at the top of uterus. I can:
- hear the gurgling and feel like there are bubbles in my uterus
- feel the bubbling movement when I place my hand under by breasts
The baby's movements are fine. Please let me know what could be the cause of this and is there a reason to worry?

Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 23 minutes later
Thanks for your query on health care magic.

As pregnancy advances , gastrointestinal symptom like gurgling is very common.
Main reason for this is accumulation of gas in small and large intestine.
Effects on the gastrointestinal tract during pregnancy are caused primarily by hormonal changes(progesterone).
Mechanical factors like pressure of pregnant uterus, dietary factors, reduced physical activity also contribute to gurgling and bubbling sensation.

However all these changes normalizes following delivery.
So do not worry and enjoy your pregnancy.

Hope your doubt is clear.
Dr Nilofer