Pregnant having fluid discharge. Should be concerned?

22 weeks pregnant and had a leak of fluid earlier today but nine since, no colour or smell. Should I be worried?
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
A leakage of clear fluid at 22 weeks is a matter of concern. It can happen due to premature rupture of membranes or a high leak.
You need to consult your gynecologist for an examination and ultrasound scan to assess the amount of fluid lost. Absolute bed rest is necessary to avoid any premature pains.
You will also need a course of antibiotics to avoid any infection in case the fluid is leaking.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.