Pregnant, have fever and body ache. On antibiotics for urine infection. Suggest?

My wife is about 12 weeks pregnant. She is not well at the moment - fever and body ache (she basically has urine infection and is taking antibiotics). I wanted to check if she can paracetamol? If so, does it have to be pure paracetamol?
Thank you,
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol is safe...

Detailed Answer:

Paracetamol is very safe in the instant. You can take them round the clock if needed. I suggest 500mg tablets once every 6-8 hours for couple of days while antibiotic take care of infection.

It is preferable to take plain paracetamol to avoid episodes of gastritis.

Hope I have answered your questions. Let me know if you need clarifications.