Pregnant, have dry, itchy skin with peeling on tummy area. Use butter and almond oil. Is this normal?

I am facing very dry and itchy skin these days ...mostly on tummy area. I have noticed some skin peeling also. I am in 26th week of pregnancy and have been daily using tummy butter and almond oil to moisturise. Is skin peeling normal ?
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 36 minutes later

Welcome to healthcare magic forum.

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem.

Hormonal changes are natural during pregnancy. It directly affects skin.
Itching and dryness is a common problem during pregnancy. Such condition is common during late 2nd or 3rd trimester.

There is nothing to worry in your case. When skin becomes very dry, it starts peeling.So it is natural.

You need to continue butter and almond oil. You can also use Venusia XXXXXXX cream for it. You can apply it 4-5 times a day.

For severe itching you required to take anti histaminic medicine. It will give you relief but itching will relieve only after delivery. For that you need to consult your gynecologist first.

I hope I answered your question.
Let me know if you have any further query.