Pregnant, have bleeding with clots but no pain and also have panic attacks?

I am 16w 3d pregnant and i keep bleending bright red blood from my vaginal area, i have had clots come out but no pain associated with it. i am suffering from pretty bad panic attacks
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Exclude low-lying placenta, cervical causes

Detailed Answer:

Here are a few possibilities that I would like to suggest as the cause of your bleeding-
1. cervical causes like erosion may bleed with slightest trauma since vascularity to the area is increased during pregnancy.
2. if the placenta is lying low it may bleed after a vaginal examination or sexual intercourse. A sonogram is necessary to exclude this cause.
3. Hypertension. In view of your past history of preeclampsia, monitoring of blood pressure should be initiated very early. Utero-placental insufficiency also should be checked for.
4. Hormonal insufficiency as the placenta takes over the function from the corpus luteum. This usually manifests at 12-14 weeks.

Having considered all these factors, I would ask you to report the matter at once to your consultant, get admitted if needed for observation, take absolute bed rest and avoid intercourse. You will need blood counts, bleeding and clotting time, sonogram and urinalysis. Once, the causative factor is identified, specific treatment can be initiated. Please do not panic as this will affect your pregnancy; please follow your doctor's instructions.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.