Pregnant, had papaya. Have stomach burning. Further?

There'a 23 year old girl who's pregnant by 1 1/2 - 2 months and she had papaya around few hours back and its causing severe stomach burning. What should we do?
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Report to an ER immediately to be safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Well papaya has an enzyme called papain which is used in many cultures to induce a miscarriage; and it is also shown to cause severe heartburn or even irritation of the gastric mucosa.

Although papaya in small amounts cannot really pose to be a threat to pregnancy, we can never be too sure. As your friend is suffering from abdominal pain, we cannot be sure whether this could be a threat to her pregnancy or is related to her gastrointestinal tract. Please give her water to drink, plenty of it and rush her to the ER (emergency room), just to make sure all is well, and to prevent a miscarriage. Please consult a gynecologist at the earliest. Consider this to be an emergency.

Please write back to me for any further clarifications and avoid papaya in all pregnant women.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Pregnant, had papaya. Have stomach burning. Further? 19 hours later
The girl suffered from miscarriage in the next day evening :-(

Please use this knowledge, publish it and guide others not to have that unripe fruit papaya.

God Bless
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My sincere apologies; deeply saddened

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am.

It is with great sadness in my heart that I write back to you.

If only I could have helped you earlier, I am so sorry. May god bless the soul of the unborn child and give your friend courage and the strength to carry on with life, and hopefully in the future have healthy beautiful children.

God bless you ma'am. My deepest apologies once again. :(
Follow-up: Pregnant, had papaya. Have stomach burning. Further? 21 minutes later
Thank you and God Bless you
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wishing you the same; my direct link

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am.

I wish you the same. Please save my link to post any/all queries directly to me in the future, if you ever require my assistance. It is: WWW.WWWW.WW
God bless.