Pregnant, had abdominal pain and diarrhoea. BPM is 110 to 210 and heart rate is 160. Is it normal?

I am 35 weeks pregnant. I went to the ER at 30 weeks because I had abdominal pain and diarrhea. The hospital monitored her heart rate for about 20 minutes. My daughters bpm ranged anywhere from 110 to 210. My daughters heart rate has been in the 160's at every OB appointment ever since she was about ten weeks old. I have asked my doctor if this is normal and he reassures me it is. So should I get a second opinion or is this normal?
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The heart rate of 120-180bp can be seen in obs patients when they are actively pushing on the conceptus to deliver but if the patient is not in severe pains/active labor then it is not normal and it can be a tachycardia or a cardiac arrhythmia. She should be evaluated by a cardiologist and an ECG and serum electrolytes should be done immediately.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.