Pregnant, got bed bug bite and have scars on body. Will it affect my baby?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hello doctor, I'm 24 years old and I have 17 weeks pregnant. I got bed bug bite 2 days ago and around 100 scars on my body, will it affect my unborn baby?
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 15 minutes later
Hi,welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for the query.

No. It wont harm your baby so dont be anxious and stressed about it. bed bugs are not known to transmit any infectious agents and there is no reported case of bad effect on pregnancy even after so many bites. If you dont have allergic reaction (which would be manifested within minutes and hours after bites) there is no any concerns about your health too.
Just wash it with mild soap,and mix of water and baking soda if you have and avoid contact with bugs.
There are certain creams which can help too and you can find it in pharmacy.
Wish you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help.Regards