Pregnant, getting white vaginal discharge. Taking folvite, susten and vitamin. Tips for normal delivery?

Hello Doctor,
I visited gynaecologist on 27-Jan-2013. I took urine pregnancy test on 25-Jan-2013. She advised to take folvite 5mg, susten 500 and some vitamin tabs. There is some white sticky substance that comes from vagina sometimes. What is it? Is it common for pregnant women? Our next doctor visit is due on 11-Feb-2013. Any questions that I should ask in my next visit? Any tips for normal delivery.

Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 12 minutes later

Hope you are doing fine now. The white sticky substance that is seen is the normal white discharge and unless there is some brownish or reddish tinge, you consider this to be normal.

You may continue following the medication your doctor has prescribed you and follow the general instructions I have given you last time.

You may ask your doctor about any additional precautions that you need to take; also you can have a first sonogram at this visit that gives you the status of your pregnancy.

Eat healthy, do some moderate exercise unless contraindicated and stop worrying. You will have a safe delivery.

Hope I have answered your queries. If you need any further clarifications,please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.