Pregnant from 1.5 month. Should I consult a doctor or wait for 2 or 3 weeks?

my wife is pregnent from last 1.5 month do i need to immediately consult with doctor or can wait till one or two weeks
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 hours later

May I ask how did you confirm that your wife is pregnant from last 1.5 months? Is it based on her missed period?

If yes, then you need to confirm pregnancy using home pregnancy test.

If that has been done, and she is very comfortable, you can choose to wait for couple of weeks. However start her on Folic acid, iron and calcium supplements. Some brands which I commonly prescribe to my patients are:
1. Tab. Folvite 5mg to be taken once a day.
2. Tab. Shelcal 500mg once a day.
3. Tab. Ferium XT once a day.

You may start these medications and plan to visit the doctor at your convenience. Advice her to avoid bending and lifting weights. Avoid bumpy rides.

As she will need to undergo a few tests at the earliest, do not delay the visit to the doctor for more than 2 weeks.

Hope I have answered your query.

Good luck!!