Pregnant, feeling like baby is shivering in womb. Is that normal?

Mar 2016

i'm 37 week pregnant. suddenly from today i'm feeling like my baby is shivering in womb. so i just want to know that is it normal at this stage?

all my previous scan reports are 100% normal
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comment regarding your query:

1) Shivering of baby in the womb is quite unusual. It is more likely termed as changes in movement and most of the patients feel that. It is basically seen among near term pregnant women. As pregnancy is gradually progressed, baby movement is also changed.

2) Your previous scan reports are within normal range. So, I think that fetal well being is also good and possibly you will deliver a healthy baby.

3) Daily Fetal Movement Count (DFMC) is necessary within 1-2 hrs after meal and best time is early evening. It should be 10 movements within 2 hrs or less time. Close monitoring with fetal heart rate (FHR) & overall assessment by your obstetrician are advisable on weekly basis.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you have any other query, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and successful motherhood.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Pregnant, feeling like baby is shivering in womb. Is that normal? 1 hour later
Hi Dr.Soumen,

Thanks for the reply..

Actually baby s movement is good .. i'm not worried about it.. just want to know that today this movements are nor regular type.. XXXXXXX time that baby is shivering.

So what can be the reason of it ? is the baby ok ?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for your follow up query.

Fetal movement is not always regular and it varies according to gestational age, mother activity, day time etc. Shivering is mostly termed as changes in baby movement. It is quite physiological near term.

For better assessment of fetal well being, you need to consult with obstetrician for close monitoring including counting of fetal heart rate (FHR) by stethoscope or ultrasound.

Hope, it clears your confusion. If you do not need any clarification, you can close the discussion & rate the answer.

Dr Soumen.