Pregnant, feeling feverish and weakness. Prescribed ccm and ferium. Suggest?

May 2013
hi docror,

this isXXXXXXX this side.

I am in 6th month of pregnancy and feeling feverish and weakness. the current prescription from gynae is ccm and ferium xt
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Some amount of weakness is common in pregnancy due to hypoglycemic effect.
But as you are feeling feverish there is possibility of some infection.
The medicines prescribed by your doctor are calcium and iron tablets. These are necessary supplements to be used.
If your symptoms persist and if you are having any associated features like cough, cold, urinary problems etc. better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
If needed you can go for a antibiotic course with her advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.