Pregnant, feel fatigued, dizzy, stomach cramps and getting hot and cold chills. Suggest?

Hi, I am 37 years old and am 10 weeks pregnant with my third pregnancy (two children) and I feel very fatigued, dizzy, nauseous, have light stomach cramps and am getting hot and cold chills. This is different to the morning sickness I experienced with my other two pregnancies. I am not sure whether I am just run down after looking after our two little ones, or whether it might be something else? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably the effects of pregnancy...

Detailed Answer:

Every pregnancy is different and it is common to notice different symptoms in each pregnancy especially during early pregnancy. Fatigue, dizziness, nausea, mild abdominal cramps are common reported complaints. I wouldn't be very concerned.

However I would recommend you check your body temperature especially when you feel hot. I wonder if you are running a mild flu like symptoms which can also mimic the above symptoms. If you are running fever, then I guess you will need to visit your doctor.

Besides that, you will need to check your thyroid hormones and blood sugar to exclude pregnancy induced hyperglycemia and hypothyroidism which might be adding to the above list of normal symptoms.

It is less likely that your love and affection has caused the current problem. It's mostly the effects of pregnancy +/- the above mentioned conditions.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Pregnant, feel fatigued, dizzy, stomach cramps and getting hot and cold chills. Suggest? 5 minutes later

Thank you very much for this advice, it is greatly appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome...

Detailed Answer:
Pleased to hear your comments...

If all your concerns are addressed, please close this discussion.