Pregnant, experiencing pain on lower side after ICSI. What can be done?

Question
Experiencing pain on lower right side after ICSI I am currently 6 weeks pregnant it's quite bad then it does ease had the same thing a week ago also they told me it's prob the cyclogest causing this but worries me! Not bleeding at all
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain is unlikely to be due to cyclogest Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Usually ICSI or cyclogest which contains progesterone does NOT cause any pain. Considering your site of pain it could be related to some other pathology like a mild appendicitis (infection of appendix) or it could be due to small ureteric stones (Scan cannot pick up appendicitis or small ureteric stones). As there are no other symptoms like bleeding or fever or vomiting, I advise you to wait and see if the pain disappears, if the pain is unbearable I suggest you to visit your doctor, they might advise you to take some analgesic like paracetamol. Kindly do not worry much, this is very crucial time, YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE ANY STRESS. As stress can adversely affect your pregnancy. Stress management techniques such as slow deep breathing and relaxing various muscle groups will help pregnant woman when she feels she is under stress. I also advise you to drink adequate water, take adequate rest, eat lots of Vegetable and fresh fruit juice which will help to reduce the oxidative stress.Get adequate sleep atleast eight hours in the night. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Pregnant, experiencing pain on lower side after ICSI. What can be done? 7 minutes later
The clinic advised cylogest can do this though also I am taking progynova due to this being fertility treatment. The pain has now gone its very strange this doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the baby does it? As it's really lower pain not actually where the baby would be?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain is not related to the baby. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for the follow up question. The pain has now gone its very strange this doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the baby does it? Ans: NO definitely not. Are you still taking progynova, we usually don't give this once the pregnancy is confirmed. As it's really lower pain not actually where the baby would be? Ans: Yes that's the reason I thought it could be due to some other reason like cystitis (bladder infection) which is very common during pregnancy or could be due to some other pathology which I mentioned earlier. As the pain has subsided now, so kindly follow my above advise, hope you will be alright. But please do not forget to visit your doctor if the pain is persisting or associated with other symptoms. I also advise you to undergo basic investigation like urine microscopy to rule out any urinary infection (as it is the most common cause). All the best for your pregnancy. happy motherhood. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!