Pregnant, during the NT scan bilateral uterine artery notch noted and prescribed ecosprin with clexan injection. Suggest?

During the NT scan of my wife below indications was observed:
Bilateral uternie artery notch noted.
For this the doctor has prescribed ecosprin 75 mg and clexan injections 40mg on daily basis.

Based on a previous medical history (IUD at 7 months. No water observed. No known reasons.) The doctor recommended 75 mg ecosprin daily.

Is it the right approach?
What can be the side effects on my wife?
What can be the side effects on the kid?
What are our chances for having everything good?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Treatment is correct

Detailed Answer:

In my opinion, your doctor is doing treatment correctly. Ecospirin and clexan are prescribed in pregnancy to smoothen the blood flow especially to baby. Both of these medicines are safe in pregnancy ( to mother and baby as well) with negligible side effects.

If no cause of previous IUD was detected, I hope it will be a successful pregnancy. Your wife should have USG for fetal growth every 2-3 weekly. Ecospirin and clexane are to be stopped before delivery which your doctor will inform you.

Best wishes