Pregnant, cramping, bleeding, history of miscarriages. Progesterone supplements helpful?

I am a 28 year old female that is pregant...i am 5'4'' 135 lbs.. I have 2 previous miscarriages and it feels like it is happening again.. I have bad cramping and there something I can do so that I can carry through to full term??? What about progesterone??
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Having abdominal cramps and bleeding early in the pregnancy definitely suggest of a threatened abortion. Since you already had two abortions earlier, chances of recurrent abortions is also there.
I recommend you to get an ultrasound scan of the lower abdomen done to detect the exact cause of bleeding under the guidance of your gynecologist. If the heart beat of the child has appeared normally and the growth is normal then progesterone supplements may help in reducing the bleeding.
You need to consult your gynecologist immediately.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.