Pregnant, child has heartbeat. taken i-pill contraceptive pill, primolut medication. To continue pregnancy ?

Hi Doctor, I took (i-pill) Contraceptive Pill a week ago, and primolut 1 month ago.. now I got tested positive for pregnancy, Dr. says the child is 7 weeks+. I am afraid now of the effects of the medecines I have taken by fault, and its consequences on child and myself during pregnancy, if chosen to continue. My only first Daughter is 1.5 years now, One gyne has advised for DNC and abortion, other says no issues & advises to continue..
I am now confused.. Please advise.
The child in womb also has heartbeat as heard during ultrasound & that confuses me even more on my decision.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 hours later

Thanks for posting the query

One can not be sure of the congenital anomalies as it is the period of organogenesis(development of organs).

Sometimes the child is born normal even after taking these medicines.

You can go for the triple marker tests.

On the basis of that you can decide whether to continue or abort the baby.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.

Best wishes