Pregnant and using herbalife afresh product. Will it cause any problem?

Question
hi iam twenty three years old i had married before four months now iam pregnant its eight week ,now iam using your product herbalife afresh nearly three days but its not for use by preganent women so i had any problem..............
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no clinical trials done on this

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

Congratulations on your pregnancy :) I am glad to hear it.

Herbalife Afresh is a herbal product. It contains natural anti-oxidant. However, the product is not studied clinically i.e. no clinical trials exist to ascertain the benefits of the same in pregnancy.

Hence, I would suggest you to avoid taking this. Drink a full glass of plain undiluted milk daily. It is a XXXXXXX source of calcium. You can also take a small cup of curd daily. This is also XXXXXXX in calcium.

Hope this helps you.

Take care!

Follow-up: Pregnant and using herbalife afresh product. Will it cause any problem? 16 minutes later
this afresh drink if affect my child i had lot of worry about it from when i was know about the drink do not use by pregnant my main question is this herbal life afresh drink is affect my child or not? i need to scan for it?its eight week of pregnancy now scan my child?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
specific answers are below

Detailed Answer:

Here are your answers:

is this herbal life afresh drink is affect my child or not? - no clear medical evidence on the same. only scan can confirm it.

i need to scan for it? - Yes, you need to undergo an ultrasound scan for it.

its eight week of pregnancy now scan my child? - Yes, you can scan the baby now. No harm in it.

Hope it is clear to you now.