Pregnant and took difflam. Should I continue with the medication?

I am 13 weeks pregnant and took a difflam anti inflammatory/anti bacterial and then realised I shouldn't have. Should I be concerned?
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Less risk than other medications

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

In general terms, we recommend to use no prescription medications for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, unless strictly necessary. This medication is considered a Class C, meaning that some harmful effects have been noted particularly in animal studies, nevertheless, this classification also implies that no formal risk of embryonic or fetal malformations has been noted; if you took it for mouth sores or other mouth issues, and it was only for a short period of time, it becomes less of an issue.

Continue your regular obstetric appointments as you are.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN