Pregnant and suffering from cold. Will it lead to any problem? Suggest the treatment to get relief?

Hi , My Wife is conceived now she is 3rd month pregnant. Since 2 days she is suffering from Cold . Is there any problem if she get cold in 3rd month , Kindly suggest the treatment for get relief from COLD.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
regular steam inhalation and home remedies

Detailed Answer:

Congratulations to your wife and you on the pregnancy.

No, there is no problem or serious health concern with getting cold in the 3rd month of pregnancy.

Please resort to home remedies such a warm milk with a pinch of turmeric and kesar. Ask you wife to take regular steam inhalation to get rid of the cold. She must keep herself warm, and also drink only warm water. Avoid refrigerated and cold foods.

She should be fine soon. I would not suggest her to take any medicine or tablet as she is pregnant and this is a precious pregnancy.

Hope this helps you.

Follow-up: Pregnant and suffering from cold. Will it lead to any problem? Suggest the treatment to get relief? 44 hours later
Thank you very much for your reply , but still her cold not got reduced but compare to before 2 days , today she is some what feeling better.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
she will be fine soon

Detailed Answer:

Your wife will feel fine soon.

Follow my earlier suggestions.