Pregnant and stomach feels hard. Is this normal?

I'm 5 weeks in 2days and my stomach feels hard is it to early for that
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 days later
The feeling of hardness during the pregnancy is likely to be due to the hormonal changes that take place in the body due to pregnancy. Constipation, bloating, gastric acidity, heartburn, nausea, vomiting are the early pregnancy symptoms that can cause a feeling of mild hardness in the stomach.
Following some lifestyle modifications will help control your symptoms
1.) Eat fiber XXXXXXX fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
2.) Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
3.) Drink plenty of fluids
4.) Go for regular Brisk walks for 15 to 20 minutes daily.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.