Pregnant and slipped. Had bruises on hips and hands. Noticed blood in inner wear but US normal. Advise?

My wife is10 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately she slipped in washroom on Friday and got some small bruises on hips and hand. After that she noticed tiny blood strains in her inner wear, Hence on Saturday we went to see a Gynecologist. Doctor did the sonography and found that there is no accumulation of blood inside. And she told that there is no need to worry. Now again on Monday(today ) she noticed some blood strains in her inner wear. Please suggest. You can call directly to my wife's mobile no. is 0000.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later

Thanks for the asking the query on XXXXXXX

Repeated blood strain in first 3 months of pregnancy may be a sign of threatened abortion which means just the start of abortion procedure. If appropriate measures are taken, this can be controlled.

First of all, you should give strict bed rest to your wife till this bleeding is controlled. I would like to suggest to you a repeat ultrasound to check the baby's heartbeat and any blood collection.Also, you should give progesterone tablets to your wife for hormonal support after taking prescription from your doctor.

In case bleeding does not stop or increases any time, you should seek emergency medical help immediately.

Good Luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you had any further queries you can send a follow up query or directly reach out to me on the following URL: