Pregnant and has bacteria in urine, prescribed megamox and got loose motionns. Prescribed Zifi. Suggest?

Mar 2013
Hi my wife is 31 weeks pregnant and , in blood test CRP value is 10.4 mg/L, there s also some bacteria in urine test as doctor said. Doctor prescribed megamox but after one dose wife got loose motions and stopped medicine, then we reconsulted dontor and she prescribed zifi 200 now. I just need second opinion is it safe to take this, and does this value of CRP is really above than normal
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health query.
A CRP value is a non specific test.
It just indicates that there is a likelihood of some infection somewhere in the body, it does not pinpoint any particular disease.
Normally it is less than 10, so 10.4 is considered normal.
To give you a proper opinion whether you should take Zifi or not, please upload your wife's urine test reports.
That would tell me if there is an actual infection for which the medication should be taken.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.