Pregnant and detected with high TSH level. On medication. Is it safe to continue with pregnancy? Will it harm the baby?

Hi, I am 13.5 weeks pregnant. I was detected with high TSH level (10.14) recently and have just started medication. My T4 level is low by 0.05 from the normal range .I have never had any symptoms before and even now.
How safe is it to continue with my pregnancy ? Just because it wasn't treated during my first trimester , will my baby be at any risk ?
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue the pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

Here are your answers:

- It is definitely safe for you to continue the pregnancy. Continue the medication throughout your pregnancy, and later too. It is safe by almost more than 95%.

- Not really, your baby is not at risk. You probably just developed the underfunctioning thyroid after the pregnancy started.

Please be rest assured and relaxed that nothing is going to go wrong with the baby or you.

Wish you happy pregnancy.